View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 11:09 PM   #2
Robznob11

Re: Need some help on how to wire in the hot wire to fuel pumps with a dual tank setu

You should not need anything to do with the stock relay. Your reworked harness should be stand alone you should have a relay that is tied into battery power there is a wire from the computer that will fire that relay when you hit the key. Also when I wired mine I went ahead and used the computer ground like the factory had it. I would recommend that you run a 10 gauge wire from the battery to near the pump and add another relay. Use the fuel pump relay they wired to fire the one near pump. This way your pump gets a lot more juice and less chance of starving for fuel. It's basically like a hot wire kit. Most people who rework harnesses rely on small wire just like the factory did and it's just not up to par. For 60$ racetronix sells a universal Hotwire kit and it's well worth the money!!! It's plug and play for the most part you will have to modify it if you are running your stock pump. But even there I would suggest you upgrade. I have seen trucks idle at 58 psi but when you load them they will drop to 40-45 and run lean. Then people can't figure out why it pops through the intake above 4000 rpm. I hope this helps
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote