View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 04:06 PM   #1
66gmcguy

LS Swap: Dimensions

Hello all. Does anyone know if you have to move the transmission forward or backward when doing an LS swap in a truck that previously had an SBC in it? I know there are mounts that allow you to slide the LS basically wherever it fits best, but I want to know if this puts the back of the block (where the bellhousing mounts) in the same location as the SBC.

I have a 73 C10 that currently has a Vortec 350 in it, and a TH350. I've decided to swap the TH350 for the new TKX transmission. I'm ready to do the TKX swap now because I really want a manual transmission and overdrive since this truck will be driven daily. To do the swap, I have to move the crossmember back, shorten the driveshaft, and cut a hole in the floor for the shifter, but I've also been toying with the idea of doing an LS swap. I can wait a while to do the LS swap since my engine currently is running really well, but I know I'll eventually want an LS. What I'm trying to avoid is having to move the the manual transmission and thus have to patch the floor and recut a new hole, get a new driveshaft made, etc.
66gmcguy is offline   Reply With Quote