View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 08:33 PM   #12
joedoh

Re: Problem with Neutral Safety Switch Continuity - Help!

ok, looking at your pictures, you dont have the meter set to continuity, you have it set to ohms, 200 ohms. continuity testing is one click over. you can sometimes use ohms to read continuity, because a dead short will be ~1ohm or less. since both of your readings are 1 ohm or less, I would suspect the open circuit would be the 0.3 reading, because that is about the resistance of the probes: a multimeter uses small current to read resistance, which is why you should never try to read the resistance of your body with a probe in each hand and pushed into the skin, the small current across the heart can fibrillate or stop it!

secondly, I was responding to this comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoJuice View Post

When I hook the leads up to the two prong NSS (doesn't matter what order) in Park and neutral I get a reading of 1 (closed circuit) and in reverse, Drive, Overdrive I get a reading of 0.3 (open circuit).

if by CLOSED CIRCUIT, you somehow mean OPEN CIRCUIT and are just saying it backwards, which is no continuity, and no harm no foul, you need to change that to read open circuit. which is indeed backwards.

if by closed circuit you mean it has continuity in park and neutral, that is how the switch should work.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote