View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 12:29 AM   #13
mr48chev

Re: Problem with Neutral Safety Switch Continuity - Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoJuice View Post
The Lokar instructions say the below:

The Lokar Neutral Safety Switch passes current (is turned on)
when the ball is pushed in. It does not pass current (is turned off)
when the ball is out at its at-rest position.

Maybe I'll pull out the NSS and bench test to to see if it's reading correctly.

thoughts?
That is what I would do and I would use a test light rather than the meter.

Pull it out, hook a jumper wire to one side and your test light to the other with the end of the jumper on one battery terminal and the clamp of the test light on the other and work the plunger. Test the test light first though to make sure you have it hooked up good and it is working.

Still I had to read the instructions in the PFD more than once and am thinking that if the threads on the Painless switch are shorter or the flat washer is thicker the plunger may not be making contact with the shift arm as it should. I don't know if there is a way to see in the shifter to see if the plunger is making contact and being pushed in or not.

You did follow the instructions to the letter? Putting the transmission and shifter in park, adjusting the cable as they say to, put the shifter in reverse and move the banana plates to center the hole on the center groove in the shifter body. Then with the Adjuster plug in place again lock the bolts down.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote