View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 03:20 PM   #12
wpgjetfan

Re: Behind the seat tank in a square body.

I was hoping to see more info on guys doing this here. The tanks take a beating hanging down there and typically the passenger side box side without fuel hole cheaper.. I am redo'ing my 87 as per new tanks and pumps just cause I'd like the factory TBI to work perfectly. My 85 however running a typical mechanical pump can draw from anywhere... don't ever use behind the seat storage and would like both tank fills on one side - factory driver and a behind the seat tank or immediately in front end of box. Inside, as the fellow discussed (his reasons were bang on), is my preferred with any return and vapor stuff plumbed back to factory. Burn the factory and then the BtS aux when I am looking for a gas station. The 30 ohm sending unit fine with me as well. It will only read 1/3 tank when full but as long as it reads, I got gas till I fill the 20 Gal main. Anyways, my 2 cents... this summer has been horrible so next summer I can tackle a conversion and let you guys know what I find. Thanks for trying to get some discussion going on this. Brian
wpgjetfan is offline   Reply With Quote