View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 09:18 AM   #27
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: Dukes of Hazard ain't got Jack on this gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Those few people were just in shock by what they had just witnessed. It took a minute to register that it was real then anticipating whether it was likely to explode into flames or not. Processing the moment. It's not everyday a vehicle flies through power lines and drops onto the road in front of you. That's a lot to take in. Thankfully that secondary road wasn't busy with traffic at that time.
I can attest to this. I was with a group of friends working at a camp over spring break during college in Florida (2003-ish). One of those small planes that carries a banner sounded awfully quiet and kept getting lower and lower and lower... then the banner started dragging in the water, then the plane went down in the water... it had those wheels that are permanently out so as soon as the wheels hit it slow motion flipped in the water. What felt like forever (maybe 30 seconds) we all just looked at each other, like, did that seriously just happen? Then we all sprinted towards the plane. It was in 3-4' of shallow water. We helped the pilot out, he was OK. Later that day we even helped pulled the plane onto the beach to where a truck put it on a trailer and pulled it away. Weird day.

There's also studies on this affect. People tend to take a good bit of time just to process wtf just happened. That's why you should support your local emergency services. They head towards the fires and gun shots when everyone else runs away.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote