View Single Post
Old 02-19-2023, 10:00 AM   #23
jgrote

Re: My journey to create a comfortable driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 C10 Driver View Post
What temp thermostat do you have? You may want to check out one that is of a higher temperature to see if that helps...or maybe the one you have is defective and stuck open?

Overcooling can be a bad thing too.
I have a 180 degree t-stat in it now. I bought the "failsafe" one, so it could be stuck open. My issue right now is this; I really don't know for sure what's going on. I'm relying on the cluster gauge, which doesn't have any numbers. I also have aftermarket a/c and heat, which of course isn't going to be as good as factory. And to add to the confusion even more, I have a replacement cluster, so I'm not even sure that the sending unit in the engine is matched to the gauge in the cluster. AND... the engine is out of something completely different (no idea what), so I don't really know what sender it has...

As I see it, with a piece of cardboard in front of ~2/3 of the radiator, I have decent heat. In the summer, I remove it, and the engine doesn't get hot. (And I have cold a/c.) Sometimes, it's not worth the hassle to troubleshoot the problem, when a solution to the symptom is so easy.
jgrote is offline   Reply With Quote