View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 12:02 AM   #6
Scootin 81 C20
3/4 Ton Rodder

Re: Suggestions/help with new system

Well, I haven't used Panasonic or Pioneer other than a single Pioneer Premiere mid bass in my truck, I can offer some help if you want to go with another brand. I have had an Alpine CDA-9885 for my deck for about the last year and it is one of the best decks I've ever worked, and that's including my friends Kenwood that was in his car. Alpine is one of the more expensive brands, but I feel the price is well worth it. As far as speakers go, I've always had good luck with the off brand speakers. I had a good pair or Pyramid's, a nice pair of Sony Xplod's (sold my first set, but I got a complete system for my birthday), and I had a nice pair of Alpines. All of which were 6x9's and I only ran 1 in each corner behind the seat in my '81 and it sounded great with each pair. The Sony's sounded the best. As far as amps go, I've only ran one and it was a Sony Xplod 600W that I was using to run the Pioneer Premier 6.5 Mid Bass behind the seat. I had to have the amp turned down so I didn't blow it, but I was told that it was hitting like a decent 8 inch sub. It provided good bass to go with the 2 6x9's.

If you want to start with a good sounding, low buck system, you can get the same one I got for my birthday from Walmart for $90 if they still have it.

Sorry for the long post. If you need any more help, just ask.

1989 Chevy Silverado K2500: All Stock (For Now), 350 TBI/700R4. DD/Light Duty Toy.
Scootin 81 C20 is offline   Reply With Quote