View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 06:56 PM   #9
SkyAngel

Re: Restoring 67 Chevy Truck for cancer awareness. Need help deciding on Engine/Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinthe34 View Post
Welcome to the forum, and to a group of folks doing all we can to make it better. I lost my wife 7 years ago to Cancer and it was actually her idea to build our '41 F#rd pickup and drive it and display it with the exact intentions you describe. Here are a couple shots of the F#rd:

Based on having done this for a long time, my suggestions may not match up with some others here, but I would look at building it with an inline 6 like the 250 many of the trucks were born with. I would also run it carburated instead of fuel injected again for simplicity and cost.

Good luck with your build, and very sorry for your loss.

Thank you Steve that means the world to me and your truck is beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss as well. I can't put into words what it's like to lose your favorite person in the world. Some don't understand why I want to do this especially with my own money but really if it saves even ONE life that one life could have been my sister.

There is not enough information or good care out there and not only that but support. What a rollercoaster it is.

I'm actually really leaning towards keeping it fairly stock and likely a 350 and 700 trans, carb. I want to be able to handle all of the maintenance or repairs on my own and that would be most ideal! Thanks again it's nice hearing I'm not crazy. Blessings your way Steve!
SkyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote