View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 04:54 PM   #122
akdg87

Re: turbo task force

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAKKY View Post
Never mind looks like you went over the top and not under for exhaust feed to turbo.

You running AC ?

Hood clearance OK.
I wish i had run it under but it was pretty tight between the frame rails, im actually going to replace the flex section above the alternator as mine has failed. (looks like an accordion). We may try rerouting the pipe to make it look a little better.

No A/C as it doesn't get very hot up here in the summers (80-90 degrees for maybe 10-15 days in the summer). Hood clears just fine.

So ive been stockpiling new parts over the winter and just about wrapped up the hanger work.

So far i have accumulated:

7875 T4 turbo
Methanol Injection Kit-Devils Own
Deep cast transmission pan
upgraded AEM 380 inline pump with fittings to run -10 line from tank to inlet of pump.
New SFI rated flexplate with ARP hardware
drop springs for the front to bring it down 1" more
New filler pipe for the fuel cell to get rid of the aircraft style cap.

Still need to purchase a better converter- im looking at a precision industries vigilante 3400 RPM stall. The current hughes converter i have is not up to the task for the power i want to make and its struggling right now. Im going to relocate the remote trans cooler/fan for the last time (i hope...)
it just never seems to kick off once its activated and i think the budget hughes converter is creating too much heat.

Also im hoping to get some custom backspace 15" rear wheels made to be able to run a 275/60R15 drag radial.
2009 CTSV Sedan
akdg87 is offline   Reply With Quote