View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 11:03 PM   #2180
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
My refurbished CB came in today ...
NICE!

After waiting months for parts long story & the COVID ecomoney I was able to install the coolant assembly and that. Anyone ever notice a fan's not center inside a shroud, at least BBC? My fan is about 2" off the original shroud on the LH side and just 1/2" on the RH side. Looks about even up & down. That one threw me, but from different angles the core support is square the cab within 1/10" at most. OT, I think the center hole in the dash for a dash pad is center the cab, for what worth. Once I found that there are other indicators, such as speaker's grill is centered.

Anyway, I have another BBC truck, the fan is more centered inside the shroud left and right, but then again it doesn't have the original shroud and can't speak for the alignment.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote