View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 09:28 PM   #145
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Very nice work on the tie down bracketry! I saw the biggest in bed truck camper I've ever seen the other day. It was so long it had a tag axle under it.

I didn't end up buying anything at the gas and oil show. I looked around on Wednesday and went back at 1 on Friday and everything was packed up and they were all gone. I was really surprised at a lot of the prices. Holy cow.
I just watched a YouTube video today of the 5 biggest truck campers in the USA. Over 19' including the over cab part. Some had 3 slide outs. I was surprised how much stuff was packed in them. Ranging from $35-65,000 and 3000-5000 lbs dry weight. What the heck kind of truck can handle that? We think of ours as a hardwall tent with a kitchenette. The tiny bathroom is almost useless except as storage or emergency use. The rest is great though.

Went shopping and got some better tie down chain and turnbuckles. A couple D rings on the bumper was a perfect fit. The bumper looks marginal but it's actually made from stout C channel. Plenty strong. I fixed a cabinet catch and replaced a window crank. Got some other things I'll get to later.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote