View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 09:06 PM   #149
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Those bumper tie downs should be fine. That in bed camper I had for my Longhorn was so heavy I'm not sure it would have slid out unless you backed down a boat ramp and tried several times to jolt it out. The worst thing I hated about mine was there was no good place to put jacks because it was meant to be left in the truck. Getting it off the truck was sketch to say the least. Haha
I want to add another jack to mine. Based on the weight alone it's not required but damn it feels like it wouldn't take much of a nudge to knock it over. Plus I leave it elevated on the jacks to prevent rodent infestation. It worked so far. But all the weight on one side on a single jack made it deform a bit.

So if anyone around southern MN within a couple hundred miles has some camper jacks they want to get rid of let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
The interior looks good. Nice and cozy, I had one about the same size and I liked it a lot.
Everything you need, nothing you don't. Well for a night or two. Haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
Resealing the hydroboost isn't a big deal. I didn't pull any of the pistons or internal stuff. I think it was the figure 8 seal that typically goes bad. I used this kit.

https://piratejack.net/2771004x-hydro-boost-repair-kit/
Thanks for the info. I figured it couldn't be too bad. The brakes work fine. Just leaking down the firewall.

The wife and I went shopping today. She's not a pinky up kind of gal although she can look it if she wants. We hit up every thrift store in Mankato. Picked up more stuff for the camper, I found a Milwaukee hammer drill for $25, a brand new cordless weed whip with battery (same as my other B&D stuff) for $5. Plus a bunch of other junk. She loves days like this and I'm happy to provide it. I should probably get the dashboard back together and put the door panels on soon. Spiff this baby up a smidge.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote