View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 01:25 AM   #204
THE "10" SILVERADO

Re: 77 Silverado Build thread

Well, I have a mechanic friend that is going to change the cam out on the crate engine Wednesday. Also me and dad are going to pick up the transmission Wednesday. I've got 4 weeks till I have to vacate our shop to the new one and I don't want to have to tow so it's gonna be running in 4 weeks.

I had all of my bolts laying out NEXT TO THE PART THEY CAME OFF OF but somehow someone moved everything around. Now I get to spend $80 on a complete SS ARP bolt kit (kinda glad, got some bling bling now).

Having some problems with my crossmember mounting. The e-brake setup is in the way. So I'm going to chunk that and go with an 84+ e-brake system that runs down the drivers side and crosses over at the axle.

Hopefully I'll get enough money from Christmas to finish out my interior as well. Gotta get some door panels, heat insulation, and flooring. Planning on the MIP mat LMC sells. It's a polyvinyl mat instead of rubber. Seeing the lenghts my parents go through keeping their carpets clean, I don't want to mess with it.