View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 06:35 PM   #1174
mjh1965

Re: Martin's mi-STRESS, 1965 Long Fleetside C10 "Rebuild in ENGLAND"

Well what can I say, things have been a little hectic. Life getting in the way of truck build , that and the inclement weather we usually get . The trouble with the carport is , its ok to store the truck but not big enough to work on it .

Well with the weather changed and some work I promised Sally I would do over the winter months now all finished . That and work being very busy so only being able to do her bathroom at the weekends . I am now free to get back on the truck .

So after I had turned this

Into this

Well let's get on with the part you came to look at the truck . With my new outer rockers waiting to go on . Saturday morning I didn't have to work . So Saturday morning I pushed the truck out of the carport so I could work on it . I must be getting older as its getting heavier .

First I cut off the old rocker panel .

Next I finished the repairs on the floor and cleaned up the inner rocker

I also repaired the end support and patched it up

I then test fitted the outer rocker in place .

That was it for Saturday morning. Next is so test fit the door then weld the rocker in place . I will obviously need a hand hanging the door . That's were doing the bathroom will have got me some brownie points . Sally has already offered to help me with hanging the door .

That's all for now I am just glad to be working on it again

MY BUILD THREAD:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=611614

Last edited by mjh1965; 06-11-2017 at 07:14 PM.
mjh1965 is offline   Reply With Quote