View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #39
busterwivell

Re: An open letter to parts Vendors

Joint Tech, it's pretty obvious you think any one who's in business is thriving. That indicates to me that you've never BEEN in business. Everyone is welcome to the hobby, even those who won't deal with "dirty" parts, or having to talk to Gramps. I've been in business, not automotive related, since you were ten. I'm around this hobby for fun. I'd much rather get my parts from WES, know I'm getting the best parts, the right parts, and even have a conversation with him. Getting your parts from LMC is kinda like the computerized version of going to AutoZone, where they don't know what the part is, what it does, if it's what you need, or how to install it. All they know is the keyboard, and when payday is.
When's the last time LMC sent you an e-mail telliing you they located the rare part you wanted and had been looking hard for? I'll forever remember WES calling and telling me he found what I wanted and had looked far and wide for, and sold it to me. That was a result of one of those conversations you don't like to have, and WES remembered it a LONG time after our initial conversation.
I'll keep getting my stuff from WES, and I prefer to call my parts list in, the conversation is the best part of the transaction for me. You keep ordering on line from the best website, and we'll see who gets the most fun out of our hobby.
Bill
66 Chevrolet Malibu 2 dr 4 speed
71 Chevrolet C30 Longhorn
86 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS (Sold)
01 Chevrolet Tahoe
IM - BUSTERWIVE@aol.com
busterwivell is offline   Reply With Quote