View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #46
JointTech

Re: An open letter to parts Vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ.W. View Post
Denouncing them for not dipping into that small profit margin to save you $10 is a nit naive. Heck, I'd nearly call it rude.
Never happened. I gave the reasons why i didnt order from them. LMC charges shipping. i paid it. The totality of having shipping AND having to order from multiple vendors creating multiple shipping charges after I searched and clicked around on a boring website is what kills it.

I dont have a word to say about a man making a profit.

This thread was an open letter, not a rant against. I gave my reasons. I respect everybodys reasons for using the board vendors. Those reasons, so far, just havent been enough to justify it for me.

In many ways I am like the board vendors in my business in that im not the cheapest. I cant compete with the big guys on price. I make it up by being better than them. Never lost a client I didnt fire.

pfft, so well that makes me think. I'm holding you small guys to a different standard than I think my clients should hold me. Im more expensive, hell i even charge shipping LOL. oh but my website doesnt suck And I offer nearly everything IT related in a one stop shop.

Maybe I should assign a dollar value to board vendors just for all the contributions they make on the boards with knowledge. Say I make 12 orders a year. ( i treat my truck like a car payment and the money lady only lets me spend about $600 per month) So if I weight the board vendors an extra $50/month or something I might feel better spending more and making multiple orders.

Like I said at the start, i want to buy from them but on a cost basis it wasnt happening. Ive already given my reasons why personal service isnt something that i've needed. BUT all the help on the forums IS. And I dont mean helping me personally. Just do a search for most anything and a few of the threads will have a vendor giving input.
JointTech is offline   Reply With Quote