View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #47
BigRed76

Re: An open letter to parts Vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcsr View Post
While I'm not a site vendor I have been a retailer for 10 years or more. I personally try to discourage Gen x-y-z ers from buying from me. Here's why

1. Rarely do they know what their buying they just know it looks kewl, some one that is cool has one or it looks Baaaaddddaaaassss or sick.

2. They can't fix, install , modify much of anything that isn't plugged in.

3. Joe blow has this engine kit for $12 and free shipping why are you charging $100 and shipping. Joe Blow is really a Taiwan company and has the Chinese government subsidize his shipping costs. Try getting tech support in Mandarin on a Saturday .... or any day.

4. You call 14 times for the same thing and still can't get it to work. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. Oh you lost them ... twice? Ask your mom to read them to you, PLEASE.

5. Your smarter than most all us old people so you don't need to call me and please don't I don't have time for rambling monosyllabic conversations.

6 You have no concept of a time zone. You call at 630 am or 11 pm and get pissy if I don't pick up on the second ring. Then mail bomb me and text me till the phone locks up.

7. You install my part and something totally unrelated breaks and you want me to compensate you with cash, free what ever, and all kinds of silly things.

8 You order parts and think I can read your mind on when you need the part. It doesn't show up in this imaginary time frame and I some how have destroyed your build and need to compensate you for that.

9. Its a big emergency and need to ship asap and 3 week later your installing it and call me for support telling me you just got around to it after breaking my A@# about getting it made and shipped that day for Saturday delivery,

I'll deal with old people any day over Gen X,Y,Z,Q,P what ever's. Old people know what they want and know how to install it or make it workable.

Now I'm tired and need a nap.

I find all of these truths very funny, and sadly I am apart of that generation being only 21 years old. But I find it funny being that I don't understand most of the people of "my generation".

1970 Chevrolet Custom Camper K20
1971 GMC Super K2500, 12V/NV4500 swap in progress
1971 Chevrolet Custom C10
1972 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe C20, 5.3/4L60E
1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, 455/TH400, 3.73 posi
2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD, LB7/Allison, CCSB
2005 GMC Sierra 1500, 5.3/4L60E, CCSB

BigRed76 is offline   Reply With Quote