View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #50
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

Re: An open letter to parts Vendors

Quote:
Maybe I should assign a dollar value to board vendors just for all the contributions they make on the boards with knowledge. Say I make 12 orders a year. ( i treat my truck like a car payment and the money lady only lets me spend about $600 per month) So if I weight the board vendors an extra $50/month or something I might feel better spending more and making multiple orders.
To my knowlege I have never charged anyone a nickle for my knowlege. I have always given it freely and hoped that my advise would be apriciated, and yes an order would result. Does it always happen, no quite the oppisite. 1 in 4 phone calls may result in a parts order and even fewer responces in forums. Yet I take the time with each one of you as if I were building the truck myself, regardless of wether you by a single part from me. Lets see any internet geek (not meaning it in a mean way), build my website for free, and when it mowfunctions, fix it for free and while they are at it update it too. It will not happen, yet us board venders help you with your truck every day, without cost. You just said it yourself in your last post. You kind of sound a little spoiled here, and certainly unappriciative. Not what we have tought you grasshoper... "Gramps"
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote