Thread: Just a rant
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 10:48 AM   #13
MikeB

Re: Just a rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Bollinger View Post
What I understand about Paul's is that products that are not right or are problematic he discontinues them. I don't mind paying a little more for quality parts that are going to work like they should like glass seals.
Good point. I used to buy 55 Chevy car parts from H&H Classic Parts in Arkansas. They would stop selling parts that customers had problems with. I remember the owner saying he'd rather lose a sale than have an unhappy customer.

Seems like one of those parts was a window regulator packaged and sold under several brand names, but all made in the same Chinese plant. As I recall, he finally started getting good ones from a company in Taiwan. (I could be wrong about the specific part, but you get the idea.)

I just got my 69 truck back earlier this year and had forgotten all about H&H, so I need to check them out again.

https://hhclassic.com/
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote