Thread: 55.2-59 my '59 short bed build
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 03:44 PM   #50
1-ton of fun
polishing a turd

Re: my '59 short bed build

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
just a quick question, and maybe it's just the angle of the pic, back in post 38 it shows the front spring shackles with a spacer/stabilizer bolt in the middle of the shackle. it kinda looks like the bolt is really going to limit the amount of travel the shackle has and may be bottoming on the frame before the spring even comes close to any bump stops. is there enough travel for the suspension setup? if not those nice new bushings are gonna be split out pretty quickly.
i keep eyeballing that exact issue and wondering if i should get a longer shackle, or one with the brace offset downwards...i likely will do that to avoid issues down the road as you suggest might happen. there are some really neat 'boomerang' shackles that have a bend in them to allow for more travel before the shackle bottoms out - i've been really considering some of those for the front.

thanks for the input!

53 buick special - straight 8 sled - blow through turbo
47 gmc - flatbed hot rod build
99 ford econoline e350 - 4x4 converted family roadtrip/overlanding rig AKA 'Monstervan' AKA 'Daddy-Van'
1-ton of fun is offline   Reply With Quote