View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 09:21 PM   #109
70k52wd
Blaze-Air

Re: Project "Vertically Challenged"

I finally finished the rim painting. Well 6 of them anyhow. The last two are on the rear. I'll paint them later on.
I had to redo both sets. First set, I didn't get the gloss I wanted. Second set, the Argent silver just didn't look right. I like them a shade or two darker to contrast with the trim rings and center caps.

Here is a pic of the wrong color. plasti-kote p/n 621, Argent silver.

Here are the pics of them painted plasti-kote p/n 618, Steel.

Those are the 6.5in van rallys. They really tuck in well. Gives the truck a refreshing new attitude. I love it. I can now touch the entire top of the tire. I couldn't before with the 8in rallys, they rubbed the outer wheel well edge, not even close now, same 235/60 tire.
Here's a pic with the former front 8in rallys.

I think it went lower with the new rims. My front tag frame is now about an inch off the floor.

I also put a re man Summit Rochester Q-jet on. Fired right up, choke set, warmed up, choke pulled off. It just needs a tweaking to the carb and tune up.
So I need some valve cover gaskets.

And now I need to figure out a minor electrical issue I have with the AirPod display. I noticed that when the motor is running above 500-600 rpm. The display screen disappears. It comes back on as soon as low idle is reached. All the functions still work. I have it wired to direct battery for the main hot. The memory is at a keyed source. It functions 100% normal with motor off, with either acc keyed, or ignition keyed.
Seems like when the alt get's enough juice flowing to the batt, that where my problem may be.
I have an iffy battery. It works, but I need to do a load test. I've seen low charged batts do weird things to electrical systems before.
Now on to exhaust. I need one. That's later on.
I think I'm ready for a first drive around the block.
I have a ton of clean up to do. I'll post some pics later this week(pending rain)when I pull it out of the garage.
70k52wd is offline   Reply With Quote