View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 09:27 AM   #40
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: gm crate engine question

Quote:
Warranty coverage is based on months/mileage, whichever comes first, and begins on the date of installation by an authorized GM dealer or by a qualified Independent Service Center (ISC). For all other over-the-counter sales, warranty begins on date of retail sale.
Funny, if there was no over the counter warranty... why does it say over the counter warranties beings on the date of retail sale? That is definitely a negative, especially for me because my motor has been sitting in my garage for 3 years, my warranty is up. If I want to spend the extra $$ to have someone install it, it starts on the date of the install. It's not a big deal if you plan to install it right away, but crap happens and before you know it, it's been 3 years

The biggest caveat us 67-68 owners have to look at is the "non cataloged" installs. The way it's been explained to me, is that if you install a 350 in a vehicle that didn't have a 350 you only get the 1 yr 12 month warranty because there was no 350 installed in trucks in 1967/68. It might be possible you could argue you replaced an existing 350 with the new motor.

If anyone wants to read the entire warranty:

http://static.speedwaymotors.com/pdf...87warranty.pdf

As always, pay attention to what it does/doesn't cover:

Quote:
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
• Damage due to improper installation, negligence, alteration (including changes to engine controls),
accident, or improper use. Proper vehicle use is discussed in the vehicle Owner’s Manual.
• Any vehicle that has been used for racing (on or off track), stunt driving, performance testing, or used under
other extreme operating conditions.
• Any vehicle where the odometer has been disconnected or the mileage reading has been altered.
• Damage caused by lack of proper maintenance as described in the vehicle’s original Owner’s Manual/
Maintenance Schedule, failure to follow Maintenance Schedule intervals, or failure to use or maintain
proper type and levels of fluid, fuel, oil, and lubricants recommended in the Owner’s Manual/Maintenance
Schedule. Proof of proper maintenance is the owner’s responsibility. Keep all receipts and be prepared to
present them if questions arise about maintenance.
• Damage as a result of overheating, contamination or lack of lubrication.
• Damage caused by a turbocharger, supercharger, nitrous oxide, or similar product, which is not an approved
Chevrolet Performance Part or Accessory.
• Racing engines and / or their components.
• Use of components in excess of maximum torque specification.
• Damage as a result of modification / replacement of torque converter that is part of transmission assembly.
• Loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use, or other economic loss.
• Vehicles registered and normally operated outside of the United States.
• This warranty does not apply to any unit installed under the General Motors New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote