View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 01:26 PM   #8
Bkndsdl

Re: Bkndsdl's '67 short step - Jake

So this week has been crazy. Prepping for Jake's heart transplant while juggling life. Plan is to pull the old out tomorrow after work, then Saturday early make the 3 hour drive to get the new engine. I've gotten a few things done, like taking the engine pulling tabs from Dirty Dan and installing them on Jake. My son calls this 'stealing', but both the titles are in my name, so......

Here's where I started questioning the motor's integrity.
I don't think the PO did this, because he was absolutely clueless on vehicles, but somebody did, and I got screwed. Looks like stop-leak, acts like stop-leak.......must be stop leak.

That was after having the radiator repaired and rodded, and flushing multiple times after heat cycling for several hours BEFORE putting the radiator back in the system. That picture was taken some time ago. This was this week, after I flushed the engine some more.

This is also a concern. Believe it or not, that is after flushing the fuel tank. That is the second filter too.........it's coming clean, but I think I will flush one more time.

Aforementioned 'acquired' hardware from Dirty Dan, after a quick run-through in the parts washer.

Good thing about Chevy, they liked redunancy. These came off a truck 13 years newer than mine, and bolted right in place. Gotta love 'em.

Removed the radiator and hoses, pulled the fan and pulley from the water pump, disconnected the electrical connections on the alternator and passenger side, and disconnected the transmission shift linkage from the trans.

Last night, I was able to get the exhaust off, disconnected the clutch connections, and removed the transmission bell housing mounts.

All that is left to get ready is to disconnect the throttle linkage, the starter wiring, then unbolt the engine mounts, which I'll do Friday hopefully.
Dirty Dan - '80 Short Fleet
Bkndsdl is offline   Reply With Quote