View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 11:20 AM   #202
dsraven

Re: norms 55 chevy pu build

sorry, I forgot you are running a camaro front clip. in that case, can you run the camaro ls swap engine mount adapters, exhaust components etc for a corresponding ls swap into the year of camaro that your front clip donor vehicle was? will that place the engine too far forward or back? if you could do that then the exhaust etc could be sourced for that camaro swap since the parts would have to fit around the donor vehicle frame and suspension. maybe that is what you have done but ran into engine location issues?
if it doesn't work, simply bolt on some engine mounts to the factory locations on the block, no adapters, then mock up engine/trans between the frame rails where they need to be, block them well in place after doing your driveline angles, them make up some new frame mounts to accept the engine mounts at their new location or make up some adapter plates to move the engine mounts to their new required location so they match up with the frame mounts. stiff cardboard makes a good template material. thin plywwod is also good and flexes less. sometimes I will template with cardboard but then fab a set of mock up parts from plywood of the same thickness as the steel I want to use when done. that way there is no room for cardboard flex and it also considers the thickness of the material. follow?
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote