View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 08:55 AM   #12
HeloCrewChief

Re: 1972 Highlander (Forum Truck)

I was talking to Pete today about my Highlander Blazer and decided to post a few minor updates. The project snowballed as they all do. Shortly after I started on this Blazer, I had several life changes. I got married, bought a new house, had a daughter, and started a new job. Anyway, my body/paint guy does this as side work. He is an electrician and enjoys doing 1 or 2 older vehicles on the side. I have used him twice before on a 70' K10 and a 68 Suburban. He does exceptional factory quality rocker and cab corner work. The further he dug into the Blazer, the more stuff he found he did not like. I wanted the Blazer to be rock solid inside and out with no hidden surprises. I'm picky. Anyway, I ordered full bedsides, tubs, body bushing mount kit, and bed floor from Wes at Classic Heartbeat in Olympia. The quality was awesome and the fit exceptional. I'm trying to keep a Day 2 vibe with this truck but, I decided the opportunity was there to church it up a little. I had the bottom of the bed floor panel and wheel tubs painted body color. I figure if I ever want to go more stock, I could easily shoot some flat black on those but, I could not go the other way. I found a perfect original tailgate and installed that. I also had the doors reskinned and one front fender cup patched. The rockers were replaced again along with partial floors and lower kick panel sections. The header panel is rust free and solid as is the cowl. I have all the interior pieces, trim, lenses, bumpers, NOS grille etc. ready to go. I also bought 15x6 steel wheels and had them powder coated white. I mounted 33x10.5 BFG AT's with P01 Hubcaps. With the slow down at my body guys work during the COVID situation, he has hammered out quite a bit of work. The inside has been painted and he says about another month before I have it back. I will be keeping the original paint on the dash and cowl since they are both very presentable. I'm undecided on adding a tach dash or not. When I get it home, I will be pulling the engine out for a full rebuild. The transmission was rebuilt just before I purchased it. Undecided on leaving it stock height or doing a 2" lift.
Attached Images

1968 Chevelle
1964 Comet Caliente
1990 W250 Cummins
HeloCrewChief is offline   Reply With Quote