View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 01:13 AM   #145
SkidmoreGarage

Re: Skidmore '67 C20

So back in the garage and I'm trying to get the cab sealed up before the summer is gone. So sand, prime, seam seal, and paint are the mantra.

I removed all of the seam sealer on the drip rail, wire wheeled the surface rust, treated it with Ospho, and D/A-ed the roof. It is almost ready for primer, but I need to paint the whole roof so I pulled the back window. It wasn't too bad, but used Windex to lube up the channel and vinyl pry bars. Popped right out. The gasket was pretty new, so I'll re-use it.

I also have hand sanded the cowl, windshield frame, and upper dash in preparation for primer. I still have a bit more to do. I plan to paint the cowl black, the frame green, and the roof Ditzler 8290.

In true project car fashion, I realized it made sense to close up the filler at the same time, so I patched that up today. I broke out the Tig welder, hoping I'd be able to do a bit more metal work and avoid sculpting with filler. The mig welds are so hard they crack if you try to hammer and dolly them.

That's it for now, with any luck we will be in primer early next week.
Attached Images

SkidmoreGarage is offline   Reply With Quote