View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 09:26 PM   #94
QBRacing

Re: 1958 SWB C4 Fleetside - NZ Build

Ok - Update time again.

Youtube link for those that cant be bothered reading the below :P

As I mentioned a few posts ago I have ordered some new stuff which was delayed in leaving and isn't now due to June. Grrrr. Being that I cant leave well enough alone I have ...

1) removed the rear x-member in preparation for the new tank and once thats fitted I will b able to remount the rear xmember at the rear.

2) decided I didn't like the missing gear box x-member so I located the brackets that had been cut by the previous owner, trimmed them up and had a flat plate welded to them. I have bolted them back in and once I make the gusset it will be a removable brace to strengthen the middle of the chassis.

3) began fabricating the front brace for lack of better wording. Because I removed the old engine x-member (didnt have too but wanted too) I have decided to brace between the old front leaf mounts and k frame back to one of the old rivet points. mainly to add so strength to the front again and keep everything aligned and square.

4) replaced the upper and lower ball joints and installed the new hubs. I have made up the bracket to adapt the c4 spindle to the c5 caliper and once thats test fitted it can be painted.

----

thats about it I think... Now I just have to wait until June for all my parts to arrive.

Q
QBRacing is offline   Reply With Quote