View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 09:30 AM   #6
hewittca

Re: 69-72 2 Tone Trim on 67-68

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
are you sure someone hasn't photoshopped that? I've never seen the one with the trim - OR with a 68... (it does look nice). But I have seen THIS one, a 69, which is the pic they used in the actual sales brochure that year - so, while GM OFTEN carried pics over in brochures from year to year, they only did it when there wasn't a body style change (i.e. not 68-69). I've never seen that photo before - it's the exact same scene as the 69!! Although... the sun seems different too. Maybe they just went back to their fave photo shoot spot again in 69. And loaded the gear in the back, in exactly the same orientation. And had two guys with cowboy hats look like they are carrying on an interesting conversation It's the same, but not. Twilight zonish.
Yes that is very interesting! I've seen this ad before, but never compared the two side by side like this. The photo I posted is one that I got directly from the GM Heritage Center. It was included in a group of stock unedited proofs. My guess is that the one I posted is the original, and the one that ended up in the ad was painstakingly airbrushed. The grill bowtie, headlights, and passengers look a bit cartoonish to me. They must have really liked that photo to go through all the trouble, versus just shooting a new photo.
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote