View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 02:29 PM   #208
WilliamFd55

Re: His name is "George" 84' C10

Afternoon all. Slowly making my way back to the forum. Past December marks the 1yr anniversary that George has been at the shop. Here's where we are at..
Shop was able to get this thing running, but ran into issues with the internals/ oiling. We could pull it/ tear it apart and find what those issues are, but at this juncture I'm choosing to just find a running motor and get it in. Existing motor was purchased on Craigslist. With not knowing exactly what the previous owner did? My friend and I changing the lifters/ head gaskets and me putting this thing together over the pandemic in my garage, this poor motor never had a chance, haha. Here the info on the new donor: 2005 LQ9 6.0 with 317 heads pulled from a running/ driving Cadillac Escalade. I stripped it down/ painted and the plan is to swap intake/ accessories over from the 5.3. Really hoping on this working. Not willing to give up on him yet. My "Work" truck (2020 Silverado) has been benefiting from not having anything to play with in the last year. Lots of goodies installed.
Attached Images

WilliamFd55 is offline   Reply With Quote