View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 09:24 PM   #3
harrisoncole4

Re: 1969 Blazer - 507 Light Blue

The goal for this project is to restore it to as close to original as possible on the outside and interior, while making some modern improvements to the driveline. The front crossmember will be replaced with a dirty dingo unit to support an LS3 and 4 or 6 speed automatic transmission mated to an NP205. The idea with all these mods is to make sure that they are all reversible should trends change in 10-20 years. By then, people might be doing electric swaps to these things. My knowledge on these trucks pales in comparison to some people like DeadheadNM and IronCanine, so there may be times where i accidentally use parts that aren't factory correct. If there are things that i am doing that were not done that way originally, please let me know. I have been fortunate enough to have had a large amount of space to store and work on this truck in my parents shop. The conditions to my free rent of this space was that i put a roll bar, 3 point belts, and headrests in the blazer. To do that, i will have to run non factory bucket seats, but the goal is to upholster them to look as original as possible.

Last edited by harrisoncole4; 03-20-2020 at 03:18 PM.
harrisoncole4 is offline   Reply With Quote