View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 02:32 AM   #3
Accelo

Re: Brake Line route

Are you staying with drum brakes? They interface where the tubing connects to the flexible line from the wheel cylinder is in the rear of the cross-member on the 67-70 trucks.

If you are converting to disk brakes? The factory interface where the tubing connects to the flexible line from the wheel cylinder is in the front of the cross-member on the 67-70 trucks.

Conversion kits, for 67-70, can go either way, but typically use the factory interface at the rear of the cross-member (the stock location for the earlier trucks)

Many of the kits come with flexible lines that do not fit well. They rub as the wheels are turned. Lowering a truck also changes the location of the wheel calipers. I went through three sets of hoses till I got one that worked. The ones that came in the conversion kit, the factory front hoses and the final working hoses from a 1971-72, 3/4T truck as these are longer than the 1/2T lines.

I also thought I would use the factory interface location at the front of the cross-member and incorporate the factory disc brake line for the later truck. Turned into a cluster as my cross-member didn't have the tabs for the front lines where they connect to the flexible hoses.
So I had to add them. A PITA. I am inducing a picture of the homemade conversion brackets just for fun.

It appears OL SKOOL is using the stock location of the 1968 lines (Rear of the cross-member) to convert to the disc brakes. In hind site that may be the better way to go than moving the lines forward like the factory did.
Attached Images

Last edited by Accelo; 09-19-2021 at 02:43 AM.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote