View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 12:52 PM   #21
ptc

Re: 1956 Chevy Pro-Street Build

I used the bed from the 55-56 for this build because with the very large oversize wheels and tires, I dont want to cut up a perfectly good bed so this one will do nicely. The side panels will be mostly cut away to allow for these wheel/tire combos to fit in there. I will be replacing the tailgate and front panel as they are just too beat up and rusted. I actually sold the tailgate already to guy that needed a nice 'patina', well used one.... This is just the ticket for him!

We fitted the bed onto the chassis, got the rear mounts cut off and relocated them with some "L" channel, welded them in and drilled holes and bolted it down. I aligned the bed and made many measurements from the cab and the front will be mounted with standoffs because no bed wood will be installed. Since the rear suspension/chassis comes up so high in the rear bed area there wont be any bed floor except for tub covers and basically a sheetmetal enclosure.

Then we got 1 wheel / tire assembly into place and I cutout the bedside to fit it in and a fender onto it.... WOW!!!! thats alot of RUBBER!!! But it looks mean!

Cant wait to burn these tires down the road!
Attached Images

Last edited by ptc; 04-20-2015 at 05:13 PM.
ptc is offline   Reply With Quote