View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 01:06 PM   #113
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds Part 2

Alaskan camper project $500. It doesn't look took terrible but it's not mine and I have never seen it.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/...178267665.html

This is a project camper I bought earlier in the summer (for four times this price, but that's another story), but I ended up purchasing a 2005 Alaskan recently and this project is not going to happen and I need the space.

The previous owner of this camper purchased it in Eastern Washington and did a lot of work getting it ready for mountain camping. He said he put about 6 months worth of weekends into the camper.

The entire thing was disassembled, any rotten wood was replaced, epoxy and caulking were generously applied where necessary.

The floor was replaced with marine grade plywood with LVT over it.

But let's get this out of the way right now: this thing is a bit rough around the edges. I took off the ceiling and the fan in order to beef up the framing and change out the center panel.

The fan is a fantastic brand fan, that has both exhaust and intake modes. I'm not sure what it's worth on the underground RV fan market, but new they are around 200.

The previous owner did all of the wiring with dreams of adding solar. So there's a few hundred dollars in electrical components and a deep cycle battery. Running lights and interior lights work.

The original stove is in great shape.

The heater is an 800.00 unit that puts out a massive amount of BTU. A suburban 35q or something like that. I have never used it.

The unit comes with the original propane tank.

The water tank has been replaced with a new one.
The hand water pump has been replaced with a foot one, much nicer!

The counter tops look to have been redone, and the cushions have been re-upholstered.

There are a couple of directions I think that someone familiar with these campers can go. You can sell the furnace and basically walk away with the rest of this for free.

You can fix it up in a reasonable amount of time -- oh, I need to mention all the trim pieces that are not attached, are accounted for! they will come in a nice box for you to go through -- and still have a good camping rig for the end of summer and fall, and make a small profit whenever you need to sell.

Oh, the door handle has been 'reworked', and I would think it is fair to say it's missing. You can get this part online.

Some little extras (the folding accordian steps), a pull down screen, and another type of step, can be discussed if interested.

I also have 4 of the Reico Titan jacks that I could be persuaded to sell if you need them. 500 is what I paid, they retail for 800 or something like that. But I am happy to keep them for now if you dont want them.

Happy to answer any questions over email, or txt or phone, but introduce yourself on email and I will contact you from there.

Thanks,
Matt
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote