View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 02:36 AM   #142
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: My Big Fat Renovation

SC has some really reasonably priced homes and compared to other states, stupid cheap property taxes. I have no clue what homes run up in Canada, except from what I've seen on "Property Virgins" and they seem pretty pricey, but they're always in or near a big city, and homes are always more expensive in those areas. My in laws moved to NC. They bought a brand new house in a nice area that's a just a little smaller than ours, similar layout style, but it was 75K more, and they only have 0.2-ish acres and their property taxes are more than double what ours are, and we have 1.0 acres.

1. How I laid out the squares. I snapped a chalk line top and bottom, and used a measuring tape and square for the sides. I used construction adhesive made to bond trim to walls and trim nails (Yes I DO love the paslode!!!) to hold them in place until it dries. I hit studs where I could on the top/bottom pieces.

2. Work in progress still...

3. One wall with finished wainscoting!!! I ran out of glue on the last piece (had enough for that piece) so I lucked out. I have to buy more trim for the other 2 walls.

I have A LOT of caulking to do now

I'll also go back over the trim and prime it all, then the final coat of flat white. The top half is still going to be red.

Almost forgot, I finished cutting and putting up all of the base trim for the dining room and hallways too. It's minus the quarter round for now, forgot to buy it on my last big trim purchase
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 02-23-2010 at 02:52 AM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote