View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 12:03 AM   #98
gottattooz

Re: Jeep Trailblazer SS

[QUOTEQuestion - the cowl is farther forward - firewall too? How does everything fit at the radiator and grill then? Seems like things are pushed forward a lot but probably I’m not understanding it all yet. Regardless, impressive work![/QUOTE]

The trailblazer cowl actually hangs over the back of the engine. It's not wide open like on the older cars. I lined up the wheels in the front fender well and I was amazed that the front seam of the front door openings lined up perfectly.

After cutting the front core support for the trailblazer off, i had to trim back the inner fenders about 2 inches to fit the Jeep core support. I haven't fitted the front end with the new radiator yet, so I don't know the specifics of upper and lower hose lengths or how close the radiator will be to the snout on the water pump, but I'll make those adjustments when I get there. It's definitely a lot tighter than the trailblazer core support.i cut off a few inches of the front frame so it wouldn't stick out past the grille. I'll post my findings and solutions when I get there.

-Josh
2017 Suzuki M109R
gottattooz is offline   Reply With Quote