View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 09:05 PM   #1
CSchmidt

1967 Chevy C20 truck starter HELP!!!!!

I've had this truck for 3 years going on 4. Motor is a 350 an with a turbo 400 transmission. Four core radiator with no issue. Oil change last week. I have just started having starter issues.

Just recently put a new starter with heat shield. Brand new battery cables and terminal posts. Wirers loomed and brand new. Battery has been tested and maintained and is in great shape.

My issue is if I drive somewhere and I was in and out and had to start my truck again it won't start until the temperature went down below 160 degrees. I have a electronic fan that goes on at 180 degrees wondering if that was drawing power away. So when I start it it clicks. So I wait and once the electronic fan turns off the engine cranks over and I'm on my way. I even tried unplugging the fan seeing if that was taking power away from battery/starter and no it's not.

I know starters on these trucks over heat or have starting problems. I'm going to pull the motor and fix a much needed oil leak.

If anyone has had the same issues please inform me on what you did to fix the situation I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance
Chris
CSchmidt is offline   Reply With Quote