View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 05:37 AM   #483
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Bootfair I nearly missed today, delivered OK in the end.

When I woke at 4.55 I got back in bed and heard David the lodger rummaging around, usually I don't get back to sleep, but I did, woke 6.20 and thought….. screw the bootfair as it has not been spectacular the last few weeks….. checked my phone, message from Sally, asking me to look for a multi picture frame…… so I got up and got going.

First blood was mine today, a house clearance guy I check every week, had a tin full of 10mm and 12mm HSS drill bits at 50p each.

I said how much for the lot, hoping a bundle deal would work, he said 50p each, so I counted them all……. 30 of which 21 were the 12mm bits.

His prices are always fair, and we got a load of flower pots from him before, so I paid the £15.00 with a smile.

Driving 10 miles to the big hardware store for one, would cost me a lot more than 50p for one.

Other items included a picture frame (unused) for Sally£1.00
Fake patina Coke bucket for Craig 50p
Rusted oil jug for Craig £1.00
Stanley type lockblade carpet knife for Craig 50p (cost a lot more)
Sabatier kitchen prep knife FREE for two super nice girls
Side strip for Sally’s kitchen top after new cooker was installed 50p
Hessian sand bag FREE from a seller I talk to every week.

So a semi decent day in fact.

For those wondering what a motorbike and bunch of stainless scrap translates to, along with some savings……

I give you Sally’s new cooker, installed and delivered yesterday.

On a different front, mate Craig gave me (traded for stuff) a 5 liter can of white Cellulose paint yesterday, ostensibly to paint the Rezin Rockit once it is completed as the gel coat on it is dead and crazwd in places.

I know very little about paint and what goes where. or which you should avoid.

Do I blow the fiberglass body over in this stuff, or rather avoid using it, due to its properties and possibly the type and amout of prep involved.

Need to have another coffee, then scrape together all my resolve and go make a start on bushing the suspension parts.

Raining here at themoment….

Ooohhh, we have a carport.

No excuses.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote