View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 09:13 PM   #94
Scott2

Re: Jeep Trailblazer SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
I painted the cowl cover with epoxy paint. Then it's on to the inner rocker panels.

But first, i had to get the Jeep out from between the posts of the lift. I couldn't open the back doors but a few inches. I can't put the transmission in neutral without battery power, and I've got the ecm and tcm out So I don't fry anything when I'm welding. So, summit racing to the rescue. I bought a set of wheel dollies to push it around the shop.

I drilled holes in the lip of the top off the rocker panel so I could weld the inner and outer panels together. I got the top rail and the bottom of the rocker welded up on the driver's side. I need to weld the floor Pan to the rocker and then repeat the same oh the passenger side.

-Josh
If you can get underneath you should be able to disconnect the shift cable and shift your trans manually? I’ve done it on my 4l80e and you probably have a 4l60e which should be the same.

This is a cool project! I’m doing an LS swap into a ‘79 J10.

Question - the cowl is farther forward - firewall too? How does everything fit at the radiator and grill then? Seems like things are pushed forward a lot but probably I’m not understanding it all yet. Regardless, impressive work!

Last edited by Scott2; 12-01-2019 at 11:38 PM.
Scott2 is offline   Reply With Quote