View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 01:10 PM   #5
402Bowtie

Re: Will a cab fit into the 8' bed of 67-72 truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgieb51 View Post
Sp I am guessing that the general opinon is that it will fit in the 8' bed but you need to turn it sideways and add some extra blocking so the bottom of the cab has something to rest on.?
Yep. The cab has two tubular braces/rails on the underside. I set those on the supports (short saw horses, railroad ties, etc) high enough to clear the rear cab corners from getting bent. That also helps clear the firewall from hitting a bed rail, wheel tub, etc. The saw horses work best IMO at about 36" long (rockers and rear cab sheet metal sit lower than the cab frame rails and you want the rails in contact with supports).

For the saw horses I just used a lot of 2x6 boards screwed together and two 2x4's for legs on the bottom at 90 degrees.

You might want to think through how you will tie it down. I've always had a newer truck with bed tie downs bolted into the corners. I use two ratchet straps over the cab floor to the bed tie downs. Have done this a few times and it works great. You might have to remove your cab's doors for this setup though.
402Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote