View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 01:54 PM   #64
JohnIL

New Parts Have Arrived! - Seats, Brakes, etc.

New parts have started to arrive for the projects I hope to work on when Spring arrives here in Central Illinois.

Bucket Seats

My original plan was TMI Pro Classic Low Back bucket seats. But, because of the high cost, that wasn't happening anytime soon. My plan changed when I stumbled across Procar's Pro-90 Low Back seat (see picture below). Not only are the Procar's MUCH less expensive than the TMI's, I actually like the looks of the Procar's better. The TMI's have a more modern look, whereas the Procar's have move of a vintage musclecar sort of look. I think they will look perfect in a classic truck.

I would love to hear from anyone who has theses seats in their 60-66 pickup. Pictures of your install would be very helpful!

Power Brake & Front Disc Brake Upgrades

The truck came with the usual four wheel manual drum brakes and the original single-reservoir master cylinder. I definitely wanted to upgrade the master cylinder to a dual-reservoir. While I'm touching the master cylinder, I might as well add power brakes as well. If I'm going that far, I might as well upgrade to front disc brakes. If I'm digging into the front brakes, I might as well replace the worn out ball joints and front end bushings, etc. You can see how one thing leads to another.

So, I ordered up all of the following from Speedway Motors:

I plan to take the opportunity to run new brake lines while I have it all apart.

I would like to hear from anyone who has experience with these any of these brake parts, especially the CPP front disc brake conversion kit. Any hurdles I need to watch out for?

That should be enough to keep me busy for a while. Now, I just need winter to give way to warmer weather so I can get back out into the garage.

John
Attached Images

Build Thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=838676
JohnIL is offline   Reply With Quote