View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 03:22 PM   #69
JohnIL

Bucket Seats (Part 2)

The weather took pity on me over the weekend and I spent a day finishing the installation of the ProCar lowback bucket seats.

Since my last installment, we've only had a few workable evenings. I spent that time welding up the seat riser for the passenger side, painting the seat risers, and installing the driver side riser. The first one took a few hours to get located and mounted.

This weekend, I mounted the passenger seat. This one only took a few minutes because I learned how to avoid the mistakes on the first one.

Once the seats were installed, I reinstalled the buckle end of the seatbelts. The mounting brackets I fabbed to mount the belts for the old bench seat were a bit too tall and they needed to be turned 90 degrees. Now, the belts are positioned perfectly (or pretty darned close) for the new buckets.

With the new buckets in place, I fabbed up a mounting bracket for my rear speakers. The bracket bolts to the floor and raises the speakers up above the seat belts. This is only a temporary solution until I make the leap to a frame mounted gas tank. Once the gas tank is out of the cab, I'll have gobs of space for the speakers behind the seats.

Now that it's all installed, I'm thrilled with the seats. They're comfortable and they have the right look for a classic truck. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!
Attached Images

Build Thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=838676
JohnIL is offline   Reply With Quote