View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 09:45 PM   #193
mobileortho

Re: '50 3600 re-do. Shortening things up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
a column mounted higher up on the firewall, with a short extension through the firewall rather than longer, gives more options for steering shaft routing around the engine. also wondering if there is a heim joint with the correct ID that possibly has less bulk to it or possibly one could be re-made to be a little shorter in the mounting area. that way the mount could be run up the engine side to act as a heat reflector or even have a piece of sheet metal on it as a heat guard. just spit ballin.
All good suggestions worth exploring. I’ll see which one will work better for me. Also may opt for something a little different for an exhaust manifold. Stand by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
I did a MII and steering on a guys truck, it ended up about the same. funny how you also used the double joint to joggle the shaft away from the motor.

i mounted the column higher in the dash though, so the u joints are further from the manifold, and the manifold ist bolted down yet either
Thanks for the pics Joedoh. I like the dual joint setup. Did you run into any issues after you got it running?

1950 3600
3600 re-do, shortening it up

If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.
mobileortho is offline   Reply With Quote