Thread: 72 k20 project
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 09:14 PM   #1252
ryanroo

Re: 72 k20 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimc View Post
Awesome fab skills. The tool box is great. Let me know when you start taking orders
Thanks! i'd like to offer some bits and pieces for sale, but i am always trying to work on this truck. all my time goes there. maybe one day i can do something. i would have to sell you a water tank though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
That is one superb cell/tool box combo!
thanks buddy. i think a guy could get a couple bang sticks in this if you wanted. it will have just over 63.75" of space inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeferishere View Post
Awesome tool box indeed. I'll take an order for 1 to haha.
It'll be nice for the fuel to be hidden under the tools.
i like the idea. i like making people wonder too. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MARIO View Post
Are you going to weld studs into the cross sills and hide the bed fasteners ? Awesome build I have been creeping for a while now. Planning my own Cummins build for next winter.
Thanks! i always love watching another swap!

the bed and bed strips will be exposed. i like the OE look. smooth is nice, but exposed hardware fits this truck better i think. and, it is the most cost effective path. it just wasnt something i wanted to spend on right now. there are plenty of more function oriented things i want that are expensive, so i have to be frugal when i can.

since 304 is so cheap... haha

i did do a lid and hinge today.

a few burned rods.

i stitched some hat channel to the bottom. these are spaced to correspond with the unused wider set of holes in the cross sill. there is only one bed mount that uses them, but i drilled all the sills so they looked sort of stock. now i have a perfect use for them! the hat channels will span the first two cross sills in the bed and be fastened down well. they also mount directly under the baffles so the tank itself is very well supported.

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote