View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 04:23 PM   #82
Second Series

Re: 1947 Panel Truck Frame swap with ’88 k2500

I got the spare tire hanger relocated. I picked up a Millermatic 135 and have been playing with that. It’s like a hot glue gun, and not as forgiving as the oxy-acetylene rig in my opinion. I made the brackets for the tire hanger, and cleaned up the core support. I’ll use the Gmaw on the exhaust. I noticed a fuel line contacting a bracket, so I dropped the fuel tank to cut some clearance. I have a list of tasks that I am working through, but after the fuel line I kind of went off and started looking at everything that connects around the engine. Next on the list is the parking brake cable. I’m using the floor lever from the ’47. The ’88 had a foot operated lever on the driver side, the driverside rear cable is short, and the passenger side cable is long with a threaded adjustment. My plan is to put a short cable on the passenger side, and run both cables to a bracket on the passenger side. From there they will connect together with a cable or rod to the floor lever. Getting ahead of the list, I will cut and thread the brake and clutch linkages to fit the pedals. I set the transfer case lever in place, and found it to be under my leg. The ’47 is narrower. It may need to be moved back, after thinking about it, I may move it to the passenger side. I have been thinking about making a scissor type linkage. I’ll look at it some more. I also started to hook up fuel lines and brake lines. Painted the core support and set in place. I have been looking at schematics of the ’88. There is a bulkhead connector behind the fuse panel that I would like to eliminate. Some of the wires go from the cab through that connector and across the firewall only to re-enter the cab. I’m sure I’ll spend many more hours studying the wiring. Today I’ll hit the pick a part yard and look for bits and pieces.
Attached Images

1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
1990 Chevy K1500
Second Series is offline   Reply With Quote