Thread: SPID SEO Codes
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 06:21 PM   #15
1966 K10

Re: SPID SEO Codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-66 View Post
In reading through a 1965 GMC Data book this AM , it states that all the SEO's were added After the completed truck came off the assembly line and how it will delay your order. For GMC that meant you could get Air Conditioning put on AT the factory for $585.00 on both C and K series , but being done that way , it would still be a similar install as a Dealer install with the firewall cut. It lists quite a few other accessories.
Wish I had all the literature to comb through when trying to solve all these mysteries!

Is there such thing as a plain jane GMC? Most Ive seen were well optioned or special order for a specific function. 4WD GMCs had the V8 option earlier than Chevy. Didnt the trucks also get the auto trans first?

How often did dealers order a loaded vehicle and then add all of the accessories on top? I would figure more often cars but trucks too?

Its too bad they couldnt just put the correct dash and firewall to make things easier for the guys at the end. Wouldnt it even speed up production to put the correct sheet metal and not install the heater? I wonder if the quality of the install was better than at the dealer. My old 65 C10 carryall had A/C and now knowing the signs it likely was a dealer install.

What other accessories were listed?
1966 K10 is offline   Reply With Quote