Thread: SPID SEO Codes
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 09:49 PM   #17
60-66

Re: SPID SEO Codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966 K10 View Post
Wish I had all the literature to comb through when trying to solve all these mysteries!

Is there such thing as a plain jane GMC? Most Ive seen were well optioned or special order for a specific function. 4WD GMCs had the V8 option earlier than Chevy. Didnt the trucks also get the auto trans first?

How often did dealers order a loaded vehicle and then add all of the accessories on top? I would figure more often cars but trucks too?

Its too bad they couldnt just put the correct dash and firewall to make things easier for the guys at the end. Wouldnt it even speed up production to put the correct sheet metal and not install the heater? I wonder if the quality of the install was better than at the dealer. My old 65 C10 carryall had A/C and now knowing the signs it likely was a dealer install.

What other accessories were listed?
Plenty of plain jane GMCs out there or low option trucks. They just got used up though. Many of the Custom GMCs , just my opinion but , I can say for the few that Ive bought were just very well taken care of. For 1966 both Chevy and GMC did assembly line installations with AIR but left out the K series apparently .

Literature is getting very tough to find ! Especially GMC . I have all Chevy data books from 1957-1970 but only 4 GMC data books and one is a duplicate sort of , its a Canadian version of the GMC data book ( Canadian Chevy and GMC is again different). Then you need accessory books, accessory Installation manuals , Chevrolet and GMC parts books of all different years along with Parts History books and many other books by GM. I have well over 100 plus I've collected , it just takes time to read them all. One group I haven't looked at much are Service News Bulletins for both Chevy and GMC , these are about three inches thick , each. In the VCCA group there is a Library that was available to any member. However the owner has passed away now , I know the library was donated but I don't remember who received it . We had the opportunity to see this mans duplicate s of books , it was about a 2-3 car garage filled to the ceiling with all GM books auctioned off last year. And just to make another point , most of these websites with engine casting numbers like Nasty Z28 , those are INTERCHANGE numbers , meaning they are saying a one year only engine block or head , was used for 3-5 years , which just isn't the case. Your 283 head you just posted was only used in 1966 and 1967 specifically to 283 and not 327. Theres a ton of bad info on some of these "sites" if your comparing to trucks and by year/applications.
WANTED :1964-1966 PANEL TRUCK
60-66 is offline   Reply With Quote