View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 08:43 PM   #68
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

Today I opened the first box of parts from the kit. First time since I did the inventory after getting the kit home. I didn't start on the chassis today but did remove one of the aluminum panels to see if it would fit in the oven to powder coat. It sort of fits but since there's so many panels that won't I decided to use paint instead on those. I'm going with a hammered texture paint, in silver. That way scratches or chips won't be so noticable.

I will still be doing some powder coating. I've already found brackets that need to be done. I got the oven in the garage but need to change the pigtail to fit my outlet. I'll pick up the HF powder coating gun this week.

Still felt good to unpack a box and get a plan in place, even though I didn't really accomplish anything on the car. Oh I did start changing the shifter to the mid position on the transmission. That was WAY more involved than I expected. And then got stuck on reassembly because the o rings were damaged on the shift rods and I didn't have a good match in my kits. So another run into town to try and find a good match. I'm not sure why I decided to do that this afternoon. I was looking at it taking up a ton of workbench space. I guess I just wanted to get it done and ready to install, the parts were sitting right there, except for the dang o rings, lol.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote