View Single Post
Old 08-30-2023, 09:00 AM   #3
dsraven

Re: what are you using for a windshield wiper bottle?

do you have the wiper pivots with the squirt nozzle built in or will you use a different squirt nozzle that gets mounted on the wiper arm or hood etc? I ask because the original nozzle that came with the task force trucks and is part of the pivot has the hose connection inside the truck cab if i remember correctly. that way your washer bottle could be placed in the cab out of sight.
some vehicles mount the washer reservoir behind an inner fender with a simple fill spout sticking through the inner fender under the hood. my wife's audi is like that. you could fab a reswervoir from abs or pvc plumbing pipe and have it mount behind the inner fender and nobody would see it unless the truck were on a hoist, the pipe would take a rock thrown from a tire etc without a problem I would think, the fill could be a small cap near the rad support
cat makes a decent looking nozzle that attaches to the wiper arm if that interests you
https://parts.cat.com/en/finningca/1...QaAuIIEALw_wcB
or you could do what ogre does and not have wipers, just use rainx.
I'm not there yet but will use wipers but I have the original pivots with built in nozzles. my washer reservoir will likely be under the hood if I can find room. under my hood is packed with stuff. not a show truck so not worried about that. lol.
LG, I like your functional but clean and tidy looking engine bay.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote