View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 03:08 PM   #261
BrianG

Re: 72 Cheyenne K10 SWB Numbers Matching

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
Hey Brian,

I like my 33s with the 3.73 and turbo 350 that my pickup has. On the interstate where our speed limit is 80 it revs a little high at 3100 rpm. With 35s at 80 the rpm would be around 2950. Today everyone is accustom to lower rpm with overdrive transmissions, but for most of the driving I do in mine I like it just the way it is. Hope this helped you.
Thanks... Yes It does help. so, it sounds like you have the same setup that I would have if I go 33's. I also have a turbo 350 and 3.73 gears. I can't really see where I'll be going 80 too often, but good to know where the rpm range would be. Not really that much different than what the 35's would be. The smaller tires might even be a little easier on the driveline and better in town driving.

In reality my truck should never see mud again. Maybe a sand dune, but that's probably even iffy. I put my old 35's under it the other day and they would probably work, but it was close in the front corner. I could use the zero rate's to move it back a half inch though if need be. The inch of ground clearance I'd loose with 33's isn't going to be an issue for me. I actually think the 35's fill the wheel well a bit too much (for my personal liking).

Probably my biggest hesitation is that on your truck, the 33's look PERFECT. Not too small and not too big. Looking over other pictures on this bb, I see some with similar lift and 33 x 12.50's and they look small. Seems hard to explain.

I've already gone against my better judgement and put on step bars to help so the wife and kid will be able to climb in. I measured to the cab floor when the 35's where on there and it was something close to 32 inches. Quite a stretch for sure. One inch lower will help even more I suppose.

It eases my mind to know that the gear/tire combo is working well for you. Thanks again.
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote